Friday 20 January 2012

Rain!!

Last night it poured with rain, great excitment as it has not rained for months, quite unusual for Kiribati. Not enough to replenish the tanks but a really good soaking for the gardens and to settle the dust. It is humid with the cloud cover but the wind has sprung up to a good 25 knots so it is keeping it pleasant for now.

The bread is on and put in just a shade less water and yeast to see if I can get a better loaf this time, hehe plenty of time to perfect it and the boys aren't complaining....yet!!


some local kids, the suitcase is 'the buggy'. Behind them is a pig pen, every family owns pigs to be butchered only when they are big (butchering small piggies is taboo)


Went to the 'Captain's Bar', the place to go on a Friday arvo for a beer.I felt like I was back at TI pistol club, getting further and further behind as the rounds piled up!! Think I have lost my ability to throw back a XXXX & keep up with the others, only one thing to do - PRACTICE!!!!

Made pizzas tonight, 1st time making the dough in the breadmaker. It was ok, bless my boys for loving everything I put infront (well the big & smallest that is). I have 3 years to perfect it, hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment