Friday 27 July 2012

Friday already...??

goodness where has this week gone? JJ was feeling sick on Monday and I suspected hangover from copius amounts consumed on Sunday...hehe, not to be he has persisted with some tropical lurgy, managing with panadol and brufen, loads of sleep and not much else. So my week has been a blur of single parent status as he fights whatever Tarawa has thrown at him!!

The chooks are laying and it is so exciting to collect the eggs, I have bought the boys special little egg collecting baskets after a series of mishaps hetting the eggs upstairs in one piece. The eggs are good and healthy with bright yellow yolks and strong shells, finally my compound is yielding something!!!!

After spending a day out with Kura whose kiribati is impressive I have gotten back into learning the language, I will never get my tounge around some words and Meei giggles away while I practice my words/ sentences in a broad aussie accent!! I am learning the words first that I use on a daily basis like chooks, eggs, how much is that, etc, all good fun an d hopefully i-kiribatis apart from Meei will understand me!!

So tired after my busy days, we start in the school room as soon as Meei arrives to take charge of Sam and progress from there, Jacks favourite thing is drawing a picture, writing a short message on the back and putting a stamp on the envelope, he would DEARLY love a letter or too back, as mail really is a high light for us!!

We are actually eating some bok choi from our garden, yeahh Tess, I finally grew something from seed!!! Jack hoovered it, very surprised but he picked it so I think that helps. Two boats arrived today and after no fresh food on the island except chinese cabbage, eggplant and tiny green tomatoes it was like christmas to buy some capsicum, aneamic tomatoes, a cucumber, an iceburg lettuce, apples and oranges. Being government pay week the local supermarket cooks 10 chooks so bbq chook for lunch in a fresh baked roll (made by me!) and stuffed full of fresh salad veggies - yummo!!!! I even managed to tempt JJ who has not eaten all week!

This time next week we will be chilling in Fiji, all of us are REALLY looking forward to the break. I have already decided on spa treatments after the obligatory waxing!! (Hehe can't wait from proper de-hairing!!) Massages galore as JJ won't let me fly my chiro over here as my back is SOOOO out - how rude!!! I am getting by on deep heat and swimming!!

Jac is getting a hair cut on Sunday, one of the Assie volunteers is a hairdresser, I hope she doesn't chop it all of, I shall be hovering to make sure but it does need a trim, full of split ends and his face is disappearing under a messy fringe!! Leigh is coming in the arvo and I have tempted her with a swim, some arvo tea and if JJ is well enough I will go up to the high com with her for a game of Sunday tennis!


who set this scene up???? Daddy's little apprentice!! Not quite ready for toilet training yet but loves to sit on the loo when it suits him

feeding the chooks of an evening, they are so keen to get in and help!! I can't walk for falling over them, but I don't mind, I don't have to walk all over the compound rounding them up and their gift of eggs are delicious!! Since reaching maturity they have become so friendly, coming over for a cuddle or just to talk....

till next time, ti a bo

xx



2 comments:

  1. The chooks are certainly doing their job. I bet the eggs are beautiful. I am glad Jack is having a haircut, I could harly see his beautiful face in the last photos! Sam's hair is growing too, after being nearly bald all his life! Keep persevering with your vegies. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about your back! And I hope you mean me by your chiro hehe - I would be there in an instant if I could! Dont forget those hip stretches either! Miss you guys heaps. I saw Sonia and the boys on Sunday which was lovely. Hopefully you might be back at the end of the year?? Lisa xoxo

    ReplyDelete